Training & Events Supervisor
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways
- Boston Lodge Works, Penrhyndeudraeth (North Wales)
- Contract, Part Time
£26,500 pro rata
The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway is starting delivery of a major national lottery funded project that will provide interpretation across the railway; develop skills; conserve historic buildings at Boston Lodge. This is an exciting time with the recent World Heritage Site announcement with which the project has close links and shared ambitions to make a positive impact in the area.
A key post for the project is the Training and Events supervisor who will help to organise and then deliver skills training and subsequent record-keeping for engineering volunteers. The successful applicant will also help to facilitate workshops for schools and interested members of the public.
- Engineering skills relevant to a heritage railway supported by a relevant qualification
- Team Leadership skills and experience demonstrating the ability to facilitate multiple projects effectively
- Training and mentoring experience
- Clear people centred focus and excellent relationship management skills demonstrating the ability to work with volunteers and staff at every level
- Ability to plan multiple work streams
- Good administrative skills to support activities & volunteer teams
- Demonstrable experience in effective communication
- The ability to speak Welsh would be a distinct advantage as would knowledge of the railways, and the local area
We can offer you:
- A salary of £15,900 (pro rata of £26,500 per annum)
- A minimum of pro rata of 28 days paid holiday, inclusive of all bank and public holidays
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme after a qualifying period
- Company enhanced sick pay
- Travel benefits on the Ff&WHR and on national rail according to the Rail Staff Travel rules in place at the time of employment
The contract is 0.6 FTE for 2 years, starting in Autumn 2022, based at Boston Lodge, Minffordd, Penrhyndeudraeth. Occasional weekend working will be required for this position. Candidates must be prepared to be flexible over working times / days to facilitate the volunteer-led working parties.
Sign up for email job alerts
Get the latest jobs in tourism sent directly to your inbox with tailored email job alerts.
Read our insightful articles and round-ups of the most exciting career opportunities on offer in the world of tourism, hospitality and leisure.
Gain expert knowledge to help make the most of your job search, including CV and interview tips, with our Career Advice.
Email job alerts
Sign up to receive the latest tourism, leisure and hospitality jobs by email