- Punto Italian Kitchen
- Heaton, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
- Permanent, Full Time
Salary up to £25,000 + team regularly earn up to £400 tips each pm
Join the Team at the no.1 Italian Restaurant in Newcastle. And just wait until you see the unrivalled amazing package on offer below!
We’re looking for outgoing, bright, driven, career-focussed people to join our team and be part the Punto Italian Kitchen Family as we grow our brand and showcase the impeccably high standards and 5 Star service that has won multiple awards.
If you love fresh, handmade food and amazing customer service, we’re the place for you!
Who We Are
Punto Italian Kitchen is a modern casual hospitality business situated in the Heart of Heaton with the goal of bringing people together in an experience of Italian Hospitality.
We make everything fresh, from scratch. From handmade fresh pasta and hand-stretched wood-fired 72 hour-aged sourdough pizza, right through to desserts, gelato and sorbetto, and other delicious modern and classic Italian Dishes.
Our approach to hospitality is a little different, we value uniqueness and individuality while maintaining brand standards and ultimately understand that our industry needs to change for the better; we aim to lead this change by example. We look after our team, they are our famiglia!
As the Restaurant Supervisor your responsibilities will include although will not be limited to:
- Maintaining and promoting brand standards within the team
- Operating our state of till system (Tevalis), cash handling, opening and close down procedure
- Ensuring all patrons receive 5 Star customer service and experience Punto style modern hospitality
- Encourage and maintain a clean and tidy working environment following all hygiene and safety procedures - our standards are exceptionally high!
- Management of our diary and table management system
- Leading the team when on shift to ensure our front of house team are motivated and have the tools they need to provide the best possible customer service
You will be working full time 40 hours per week over 5 days. Evening and weekend work is required regularly including Bank Holidays although we do endeavour to ensure the team have the opportunity to have at least one weekend off per month if required.
- Permanent contract
- Salary in the region of £23,000 to £25,000 with the level dependent on experience, PLUS TIPS – our current team regularly earn up to £400 per month, that could add up to an extra £4,800 per year!
- Independent family run business – we care about our team!
- Monthly incentives – a chance to win a £75 Spa/Experience voucher EVERY MONTH!
- Fair tips distribution system – we distribute tips each week based on hours worked, so even if you work a quiet shift, you get a share of the tips from the busy shifts
- Free meal on shift – no restrictions on menu items, on shift or take home
- Free tea/coffee/draught soft drinks on shift
- *Free beer/wine after shift – *For Over 18s Only and subject to management approval
- In role training and career development – we want our team to be part of our Punto Famiglia and stay with us as we grow, so we will offer training and support you through your career, and even if you do eventually go on elsewhere, we’ll be happy we’ve been able to support you in your development
- Excellent mental health support – our industry has a terrible reputation and we want to change that. We give excellent mental health support, and not just the support included in the excellent Hospitality Rewards scheme
- Team wellness and social events – we regularly arrange events with our team, be it bowling, drinks, meals out, or even a staff night in
- 50% discount when dining with friends and family up to a table of 4 – when you dine with 3 other guests you can get 50% off your meal and drinks (not valid with any other offers or discounts)
- Hospitality rewards – the UK’s only hospitality-based rewards scheme that includes:
- 24/7 health and wellbeing support
- Cashback card
- Discounted shopping vouchers
- Stacks of online discount codes
- Save 30-52% on cinema tickets
- 500+ industry discounts and member perks at venues across the UK
Our Requirements - Restaurant Supervisor
- Able to demonstrable experience in the restaurant industry - preferably within casual dining and food service (not including fast food or bar only work- we are not looking for bar supervisors or bar staff)
- A keen eye for detail, always looking and more importantly ‘seeing’ what’s happening on the floor
- Passionate about good quality fresh food and taking pride in what we do as a team
- Drive for delivering excellent customer service and an outstanding customer experience
- Excellent eye for cleanliness and hygiene, from polishing glasses to pristinely sparkling cutlery, we have exceptionally high standards
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to make the right decisions quickly under pressure
Although not essential, it would be advantageous if you already hold a personal license for the sale of alcohol. Training and application costs will be covered should you not hold a license; all shift supervisors and managers are expected to hold a personal license within three months of their start date.
Shortlisting and interviews for this Restaurant Supervisor role will take place while the advert is live; the vacancy will be closed as soon as the successful candidate is appointed. Applicants are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.