- Twycross Zoo
- Atherstone, Warwickshire
- Permanent, Part Time
Part Time Cleaner
No previous cleaning experience required. Permanent contract, working 22 hours per week over 3 days.
East Midland Zoological Society has been running Twycross Zoo for almost 60 years in the heart of England. Twycross Zoo is an award-winning conservation and science-led zoo. We are rapidly growing and, pre-Covid, were welcoming over 600,000 people every year to our 100-acre rural site near Atherstone.
The Role – Cleaner
As a Cleaner, you’ll be part of a small team responsible for undertaking cleaning across the Zoo premises including all visitor areas around the Zoo. You’ll work across a large area of the Zoo spanning outdoor areas and facilities in all weather conditions and your duties will include:
- Performing and documenting routine cleans and inspections of toilet facilities
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping and other cleaning related tasks
- Litter picking and emptying bins throughout the site
- Conducting stock counts of cleaning supplies
- Assisting with Waste Management duties when required
The Package – Cleaner
- Permanent contract
- Working 22 hours per week over 3 days out of 7 on a rota, including working at least either Saturday or Sunday (and during school holidays and bank holidays). You’ll work between the hours of 8am to 6pm during the summer and 8am to 5pm during the winter months
- Pay rate in line with national minimum / living wage rates
- Staff membership card giving you free entry to the Zoo on your days off
- Complimentary Twycross Zoo ticket allowance for friends and family
- Star of the month award scheme
- Access to work counselling services
- 25% discount in the Twycross Zoo gift shop
- 10% discount in Twycross Zoo food and beverage outlets
- Free onsite parking
Our Requirements – Cleaner
- Due to the nature of these roles, a suitable level of physical fitness is required for manoeuvring cleaning tools (including heavy cleaning trolley carts) in all weather conditions
- Enthusiastic with a great work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills with a polite, friendly, and helpful attitude
- Team player, reliable and honest
Although not essential, knowledge of COSSH requirements and similar experience gained as a Cleaner or in waste management would be highly advantageous, as would experience gained working within a leisure / visitor attraction environment.
All applications for this Cleaner role are to be submitted online.